Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Words that affect us...in a good way!!


Watching the Biggest  Loser last night, Bob Harper said something that really resonated with me—it was when he went with David to see Dr. H to find out what was going on with his knee.   He said, “…when are you going to be enough, we’ve got to get to a point in your life that you say –you know what, I’m just as good and my feelings are just as valid as important as everyone else’s…”
Then Bob to the camera:
"David not being open about his feelings---it really upsets me, because it’s just a symptom for a bigger issue.  He’s doing an amazing job working through his physical issues; but if he doesn’t work through his emotional issues no amount of weight loss is going to matter because he’s either going to gain it all back or it’s going to manifest in some other part of his life!!!"
I have heard these words before and they have affected me in a negative way, but hearing them at that moment really resonated with me.  Some of us have more emotional issues than others and I think that's why some people lose weight and keep it off right away and some of us (insert me here)--we have several emotional issues to peel through because---I always just assumed it was about the weight but it was much more, for me anyway.  

No comments:

Post a Comment