Monday, January 7, 2013

Maintainers who live in the public eye and The Biggest Loser (TBL)

Did anyone see Dateline last night; Al Roker now 10 years post bariatric surgery, wow, how time flies?  The following is just a segment of how he is maintaining now and how he got back on track.  He also has a new book



Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy



The Biggest Loser  (TBL) is back and I could not be more happy with the new format.  I have always loved the premise of the show but last season was it for me.  I knew they had to bring Jillian back and they had to change it up from "the game."  This is all my opinion.  Three episodes into last season and I totally stopped watching, and didn't care who won.  It was the nastiest season I had ever seen and if Jillian had been there (the no nonsense person she is, love her!!!) none of that sh*t would have gone done!!!  I am not going to write about specifics but I am sure many of you all know what I am talking about.  I think a little competition is good and all...and they need ratings to stay on television; but even the producers knew that things had gotten pretty much out of control last year, hence, the new format and coming back with a cause to help obese children.  Perfect!!!  There are several young adults who are around my daughter's age 24-25, 3 women and 2 men.  There was one more who is in that age range but she left the show last night.  I feel that many of the contestants are getting younger--I think there used to be maybe one or two young 20-somethings and a few seasons had the 18 or 19 year old; but to have 6 contestants younger than 26 and older than 23--not sure I have seen this.  
No, this will not become TBL update blog; but the children tore at my heartstrings because I have been there times 2, myself and my daughter.  What I would like to see and write about are the Maintainers they bring back to help.

1 comment: