Monday, September 9, 2013

What's new in weight maintenance research

I know I missed August, my apologies, but here we are in September.  How many of you know about Clinical Trials?  Well, there's a great site clinicaltrials.govSome most look at it as being guinea pigs, but personally I look at it as advancing science. On the site, you can pick and choose what you want and then you also have to be accepted, it's not automatic.  You must meet a certain criteria of the study. I say all this to say I feel, depending on the study; this might be a great maintenance tool.  #3 below is one such clinical trial.  There are some controversies but you can go on clinicaltrials.gov and read about the pancreatic concerns and if anyone died (sorry for the bluntness). The title of #4 is confusing but looks interesting, I hope to read it soon.
Per usual I have highlighted the epubs and the free article.  Please feel free to contact me if you want to know the easiest way to get one of these articles.
1.
Grube B, Chong WF, Chong PW, Riede L. epub ahead of print
Obesity (Silver Spring)
PMID: 24006357 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
2.
Zemel MB, Bruckbauer A.
Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes
PMID: 24003309 [PubMed] Free Article
3.
Wadden TA, Hollander P, Klein S, Niswender K, Woo V, Hale PM, Aronne L.
Int J Obes (Lond)epub ahead of print
PMID: 23999156 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
4.
Camps SG, Verhoef SP, Westerterp KR.epub ahead of print
Am J Clin Nutr
PMID: 23985804 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
5.
Lipana LS, Bindal D, Nettiksimmons J, Shaikh U.
Telemed J E Health
PMID: 23980937 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

No comments:

Post a Comment