Friday, September 6, 2013

Reflections

Sept 2013
June 2009
I had such a fantastic birthday yesterday and had no time for reflections until today.  I am such a different woman than I was in the 2009 picture--the post for that picture is here.  The September 2013 minus me cutting off my head, is more of a reflection of who I am now.  Sorry it's dark but I snapped this quickly the day before my birthday before heading out to work and I weighed 160 lbs on Wednesday morning. I ran 5 miles on my birthday and had wanted to do more but we had all these plans and had to get going.  By the way, I am a slow runner about 12 minute miles--I tend to run faster with other people and try not to whine about the pace.  My daughter and I have been running together  (she slows down for me and I get faster for her--11 minutes--I think it's a little faster) about 2 days per week about 3-5 miles early in the morning and it's been amazing to say, I ran with my daughter this morning.  I wanted to write about what I know for sure?

  • I know that birthday cake is not an option for me (trigger) so instead I had pineapple, grapes and pink grapefruit--I do not miss refined sugar
  • I know it feels good to take care of mind, body and soul
  • I know that being 200 lbs plus is no longer an option in my life and I will continue to exercise and eat well everyday
  • I know change is very difficult but I also know it is necessary--stepping outside of my comfort zone has literally changed my life
I am about to embark on a new journey moving from Virginia to Southern California and I am excited to see what the west coast will bring.  I have been doing job searches and have applied for several positions.  I leave in a little over 2 weeks.  I want to thank everyone for reading and putting up with my inconsistent posts over the last 2 months. Maintenance is the new black, for sure!!








1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've given yourself the best birthday present ever! Your good health. Congratulations on your weight-loss and maintenance success Triza:)

    ReplyDelete