Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A Maintainer's World Wednesday

I am officially in transition mode, actually in more ways than one.  I am leaving my position here in Washington, DC and driving across the country to help take of my Dad on Monday.  I have a part-time job lined up and have been applying to academic and special library positions (~7 all total), so we will see.  Next Wednesday, I plan to stop in San Antonio, TX and will work on my post, somewhere between New Orleans and there.  Now the following week, I have no idea what my life will be like so I just want to play it by ear and then after that I should be good to go.  I am having this back and forth about expectations and what I think my life will be like in California.  One thing I am trying not to do is stress out---because we all know where that leads?  I have been doing a lot of self-talk---what are you stressed about right now? why do you want to eat that? why don't you try this and see how you feel?  And guess what??? It's been working and I have been managing my stress levels by venting to my new email buddy (thanks, Leigh) and to my running buddy (thanks, Laura). So enough with all this, everyone have a Happy Wednesday!! 
**I was editing the post and somehow in the HTML--hit the wrong something and deleted the middle bloggers, I am just sick, but I have to keep it moving, stay tuned for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment