Tuesday, August 13, 2013

An Update

So I am back to my regular routine, for now!!  I got my parents moved from Las Vegas, NV to Southern California and they are very comfortable and happy.  My daughter's possible position in San Francisco has been put on hold and she is now living with me.  I am at this time looking at my options for moving to the Southern California area.  I did really well while away from my regular routine.  I only got to run once in almost 3 weeks but I constantly watched and calculated what I was putting into my mouth.  But this is not to say that I didn't "work-out" each and every day.  Has anyone calculated the calories burned for packing, moving and unpacking.  Well, I can tell you that it is a work-out, packing up their apartment and unpacking in their new digs within a span of 4 days.  It was just me and the movers on the Las Vegas side and then  I had my nephews and a niece on the Southern California side to help but it was a lot of work.  There are a few challenges ahead and I had some personal goals for myself that I will continue to work toward in the midst of all this.  Check back tomorrow for A Maintainer's World Wednesday!!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back. Take care and let me know if you make it to So. Cal. Safe travels, and yes! functional unpacking exercise counts. :) You are kind to help your folks with the move. I KNOW how hot it is in Vegas in the summer. Kudos! Karen P

    ReplyDelete