Thursday, August 15, 2013

Is your extra weight killing you?

The following picture was attached to the title of an article posted late this evening on USA Today and the title of this post.  I have no words to even begin to describe how I felt when I a)saw the picture and b)read the question posed in the title.  Yes, the extra weight will and can kill you, it was on my sister's death certificate. The article indicates that one in 5 die of ...due to obesity.  I know that it's not exclaimed often and is an extremely uncomfortable conversation for most people.  Does anyone else feel that the extra weight can kill?  I know we all know that it's unhealthy; or do people just say, "he died of a heart attack;" and leave out the due to obesity.  Please know that this has been my experience and I am not judging.
Photo credit: Toby Talbot, AP

No comments:

Post a Comment