Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Maintainer's World Wednesday 8/21/2013

OK everyone, you all are missing out if you are not checking out the Healthy Cooking Maintainers below.  I am actually looking forward to trying some new things this weekend and I owe it all to the Healthy Cooking Maintainers.  Salads, Sides, Desserts, which are limiting for me and no sugar but I think I might have to try a few and do my substituting if needed.  Some people want me to get a jump start on Fall and bake the Vegan Zucchini Bread (I like this one and this one)** I baked last year because I am moving.  I actually make a combination of the two recipes because my daughter is vegan and I forgo processed sugar.  I love how the latter uses pineapple juice as the sweetener and with two types of raisins (regular & golden) and/or dried cherries or whatever your fancy--you will not miss the processed sugar, I promise.  The cinnamon and nutmeg make it special and of course no eggs for the vegan. I have used grapeseed oil (because that's all I had one day) and that turned out great also. I have played around with turbinado sugar and applesauce as sweeteners also but everything is very sweet to me and there are no complaints with each batch. I love to read about what everyone is cooking and baking, as usual it inspires me!!! 
** Although the linked recipes are not Maintainers both bloggers have changed their lifestyles. 
Maintainers
Excuse: "There is Nowhere to Workout" Back to School I Need to Stay Focused
Three Weeks Post Op
Hashing (running + beer=fun!) Opportunity and Learning Almost Spa Week Perfect Riding Weather
How do You Keep Going When... Transition From Weight Loss to Weight Maintenance...
Tune in for Heather's weekly Podcast
The Bite not Taken

The Art of the Cart
...a Weight Loss Company/Product/Device... It's Time Another Non-Food List
A True Sign that I'm in Maintenance
Calculating How Much to Eat
How Cool is 50? ...the reason I spent the majority of my life...
A Glut of Antidepressants A day in my pouch Old Nonsense Disappointed
Fitness Maintainers
Learning How To Wait: Infertility Welcome Back! ...Two Steps Forward ...when you can't say "no"
CrossFit Chronicles: Edition 12 What's Your Brand Saying Wednesday Workout Update 10 Tips to Survive Your Long Run
What Made This Time Different Who Need Cake? First Annual Race to the Row 5k
Healthy Cooking Maintainers  Caution: possible food cravings below!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment