Tuesday, February 19, 2013

What's mine may definitely not be yours....

Sometimes I start reading other Maintenance and weight loss blogs and I am always shaking my head in agreement.  I can relate to just about everything; I started my weight loss journey when I was 19 years old.  Well, what year is it now?  Yes, I have tried just about everything to lose the weight and to keep it off.  As the quote I love from "Weight of the Nation," "you just never know which time will work for you...."  I remember I bought the book, "The Beverly Hills Diet" and you know what, it didn't work for me.  I only bought the book because I unexpectedly ran into my cousin out and about one day.  Our families used to get together a lot but when my parents retired out west; we all stopped getting together so it had been maybe three years.  The last time we saw each other my weight was down and she had just had her 3rd child in six years.  Well, of course it was reversed this time and I just held my breath because although I don't offer opinions or make comments about a person's weight or size but it's not the same for others, especially a relative. So, I was like "hey M, so good to see you, you look great," we hug, she slightly steps back, looks at my size and says nothing.  Many of us have been there, ouch!!!  We start talking about the kids and then as we are parting ways, she suggests I checkout "The Beverly Hill Diet" because that's how she's lost ~70 lbs (my memory escapes me of the exact amount).  Well, I worked part-time in a bookstore and the book was purchased and read right away.  I gave it a great college try but it didn't work for me.  I say it didn't work for me because the pounds that I lost did not stay off.  I really liked the idea of food combining (its basic premise) but did not have the ability to sustain this way of eating (I remember thinking this or was this cop-out #67??!!!)
Anyway, I think I wrote this just to say you never know which time but keep trying!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment