Wednesday, February 20, 2013

The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food---NY Times Article

A really good article in today's NYTimes.  An investigative report on the industry of snack food.  I love the title because that's what it is--addictive and it was designed to do so.  I can truly say that I have beat the addiction of sugar (processed sugars--small amounts of natural sugar); I don't crave it, don't eat and don't want it.  I have seen a few Maintenance bloggers entertaining the thought of no sugar and I say try it and then try it again.  In the beginning, I did reach for sugary fruit--pineapple, watermelon, mango; now I reach for grapes (1 cup/serving) or strawberries (1/2 cup/serving).  I still feel that this is an individual decision and every body is different.  I found my triggers.  At a dinner a few weeks ago, I gave my slice of cheesecake to my friend sitting next to me  to take home to her husband---she was so happy because she had eaten her slice and she wanted to take something home to him.  It didn't faze me at all and when I got home I ate an orange.  I would love to hear your stories about salt-sugar-fat---the trinity of junk food addiction.
Also, here is where I get a lot of my inspiration.  She breaks down sugar facts, how to cut down on sugar and artificial sweeteners.  The post I am pointing to in the previous link is about sugar and weight gain, perfect!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment