Friday, July 12, 2013

Extreme Weight Loss-"Jami"

Has anyone else watched this episode?  My heart is just broken right now watching it on my Hulu Plus.  At the beginning of this episode, I just wanted to give her one gigantic hug.  This young lady has never felt loved which has attributed to her weight, 292 pounds, her psoriasis which was probably exacerbated by her poor health and finally her extremely low self-esteem.  She was adopted at 2 years old.  I don't want to say a whole lot more because this blog is such a public forum and I am extremely opinionated and I don't want to sound mean.  In short I want to say that if one chooses to adopt--it should be to make some one else's life better.  Ironically, she goes to Chile' to meet her birth mother--and Jami states, "...it's just an example to me of how you can live well with so much less."  She felt so much love from her birth mother who now lives in a very small place in Santiago.  
I wish for her to continue on her journey and I love a happy endings.

No comments:

Post a Comment