Monday, December 31, 2012

A Year of Maintaining

For me this has been a milestone year; my first year EVER of losing weight, whereas, I didn't have a specific goal or event in mind, I just wanted to lose weight, keep it off, keep losing, maintain, and so on  and so forth.  I also did some other things this year that I said I would never do.
January
Lost 8 lbs

February
Lost 3 lbs

March
Lost 3 lbs
First time I ever ran 10 miles

April
Lost 2 lbs
First time I ever ran 12 miles

May
Maintained
First time I ever ran 14 miles

June
Lost 2 lbs
Ran my first Half Marathon--Zooma Annapolis 
Weighed: 171 lbs
Time: 3:05

July
Lost 2 lbs

August
Lost 3 lbs

September
Maintained

October
Lost 7 lbs
Ran my 2nd Half Marathon-Detroit Free Press/Talmer Bank International
Weighed: 158 lbs
Time: 2:46

November 
Lost 1 lb

December 
Lost l lb

The months I maintained was where my weight started off from the previous month, gain a pound, lost a pound.  I am finally getting all my numbers together and putting on a chart for all to see.  I am happy with this past year and had no major crisis, but I am always aware.
My parents are getting older--they will be 79 & 82 in 2013 and they live on the West Coast and I live on the East Coast.  There were a few small episodes with their health this past year.  I am planning to visit this April as I did last year.  I am signed up for a half marathon in late February, so I will be putting in the miles again, starting off this weekend with 10 on Saturday.  
Happy New Year Everyone!!!!

**Update:  I must disclose that I interval run at a 3:1 pace.  It's somewhere on this blog but I wanted to make sure I divulged this.  I started at a 6:1 pace and started hating running again but the 3:1 pace--run 3 minutes and walk 1 minute works for me.  I must like what I am doing so that I will stick to it.  Notice I didn't mention anything about love or loving it; I like it and that's enough to get me out there on these cold mornings.

2 comments:

  1. I added you to my google reader. Good luck with maintnence. Also dealing with aging parents. Tough stuff. Easier when I'm healthier myself, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, thank you so much and good luck to you too!!

    ReplyDelete