Friday, April 26, 2013

A Maintainer's World

It's just certain times of the year now, that my life gets so busy.  I feel like I am on a very fast train, not a runaway train, just a fast train.  One thing, after another thing, and then some.  I have been careful about planning my meals and feel like it's going well.  I started a part-time job, nothing heavy, but it gives me something else to do (the empty-nester that I am), headed to Vegas to check-in with my parents (it's been a year) and driving to Phoenix for my 59 year-old sister's graduation (her Master's )--she will probably mind me putting her age out there but I think I have written somewhere that my sisters were 12 and 13 when I was born, c'est la vie!!!  Oh, yeah, and finished moving yesterday.  I was going to move to a new area (Alexandria) but just ended up moving apartments in my building, so glad I did this.  I didn't make any race plans for the Summer, only because, I just don't like the pressure of a race and the heat/humidity.  I have plans for my weekly 12-16 miles + 8-12 on Saturdays.  We also do aqua-jogging, which I love--I was doing Sundays and some Mondays--Our regular pool is closing down for the summer.  I should just stop being scared and use the one in my building, duh!!!  This is my commitment to myself for the summer.  Also a lot of walking whenever/wherever I can.  Let me know if you all have some summer commitments?  
My 30-year high school class reunion is in July, more on these plans later!!

Healthy Cooking Maintainers -- Caution possible cravings ahead!!
Diva Taunia -- Carmelized & Grilled Brussel Sprouts (You will LOVE them!)

Fitness Maintainers

Maintainers





2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My commitment for this summer is walking outside. I have been sedentary for years. I go to work, come home and repeat. I have a fear of being watched in public because of my size. I can no longer let fear prevent me from doing what is needed for my health. By the end of this summer, I want to look back and wonder why I hadn't been walking outside all this time.

    Jump in your building's pool and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete