Friday, April 19, 2013

A Maintainer's World

Whew, what a week, Boston, National Library Week (busy at my day job) and now we are at this week's end.  I am at 159lbs right now and doing well.  Practicing a lot of conscious eating, knowing when I am stressed and dealing with it right then and there; and still no white refined sugar or HFCS for over 18 months.   I am using maple sugar in my morning Cream of Wheat and I really love it.  I was at a gathering a few months ago and the feast was Mediterranean--I was happy!! Then they brought out the dessert--baklava!!! Yikes!! So I asked the caterers if this was made by them and she said yes and I asked her the ingredients---the only thing I was listening for was honey NOT Syrup, yay, yes, the butter, yada, yada--I mostly worry about my triggers and if she had said syrup---I would have just moved on--no worries.  I had 2 small diamond pieces.  Haven't thought about baklava since until typing this post.  I didn't want to run to the closest Greek or Mediterranean restaurant and order a tray to eat. 
My heart goes out to the City of Boston and the families of the victims and the injured.
Maintainers
110 Pounds and Counting – Needles and Knees
300 Pounds Down -- Unplugging from the Food Matrix
Fixing Myself Happy -- Checking In
Garden Girl – Bio-markers-my own improvements with weight loss and a low inflammatory diet
Half Size Me -- Tune in for the Latest Podcast
HungryHealthyHappy -- Losing weight did change me-I am not the same person
It Sux To Be Fat -- Spring Break 2013
Jack Sh*t, Gettin' Fit -- Nothing is More Exciting Than Healthy Living!
Jack-Sprat.net – Green Monster
Keeping off 200 lbs -- 7.5 Mile Run Report
Keeping the Pounds OFF -- Bogus
Lap Band Gal! -- And the Bikini Actually Fits!
Losing 147 -- What Time Do You Eat?
mama runrunrun -- Healthy Eating is Not (Really) About Deprivation or "Balancing"
No Celery Please! -- Water Water Everywhere 
Poonapalooza -- The post that needs no title
Refuse to Regain -- This Pill Guarantees Weight Loss
Roni’s Weigh -- GOOOOAAAAALLLL!
The World According to Eggface -- Cool Resource!
welcome to my world -- Fallout

Fitness Maintainers

MetamorFit -- CrossFit Chronicles: Edition 7
MizFit -- Take What You Need Day follow up 
My Journey to Fit -- Having an Accountabilibuddy
Runs for Cookies -- Martian Half-Marathon race report
The Fit Bee -- Boston Marathon After Thoughts
Tracy Reifkind's Training Food and Thought -- Week 2 Sinister Ladder
Weight Off My Shoulders -- The Aftermath of Marathon Monday

Healthy Cooking Maintainers -- Caution possible cravings ahead!!

Can You Stay for Dinner? -- Boston Love
Finding Radiance -- Lightening up
Green Lite Bites -- Roasted Rutabega, Who Knew?
Hungry Girl -- Chew the Right Thing
Kath Eats Real Food -- Tea Party
Kaylyn's Kitchen -- ...Chicken, Black Bean, Avacado and Radish Salad with Lime and Cilantro
Mother Rimmy's Cooking Light Done Right -- Sesame Ginger Shrimp and Snow Pea Salad
Nosh My Way -- Guinness Mac and Cheese
Undressed Skeleton -- Healthy Baked Chicken & Black Bean Tacos....






No comments:

Post a Comment