Saturday, March 23, 2013

from the Maintainer's Virtual Bookshelf--"Slim for Life" by Jillian Michaels

Just downloaded it today on my Kindle; the release date just whizzed right by me.  Chapter 1--Eating, section:  Slim Calorie Habits.  I also loved the dedication page, "I'm sick of sappy book dedications...this book is straight from me to you."  She is so funny.  And did anyone notice that she didn't appear with Danni on the Today Show on Tuesday.  I actually loved that because she is going to have to deal with all the attention on her own.  I dunno this just struck me---I was off on Tuesday and got to watch it.  She is so serious (imho) about helping us all get fit and maintain.  Unfortunately, this is going to be a slow read.  But I am so pleased with the structure of the book, Chapter titles seem awesome---So Much for Maintainers!!!!  A Section toward the end of Chapter 8--'No Tip Left Behind'--does this sound spectacular or what?  And then she has Selected References and an Index--heaven!!!
Sorry, just the Librarian and former part-time Bookseller in me.  Can't wait to give my favorite excerpts and/or sections.  I just don't think I could write a review per se.

No comments:

Post a Comment