Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Anxious

I just thought that I would check-in, wish everyone Happy New Year and let you all know how I am doing.   I am feeling very anxious, I thought would have a full time job by now and that has not panned out.  I had a great interview at a major academic institution last Wednesday, so we will see.  Let me get my stats out of the way first.
Current weight: 169 lbs
Highest weight: 216 lbs
Comfortable weight: 150 lbs
Goal weight: 125 lbs
I am getting comfortable in California. The weather is wonderful with no complaints in this department. Spinning classes have saved my life.  I have been spinning 5-7 days a week.  My weight is up but I am not panicking--I know it's my anxiousness and stress.  I have been running (a little) and walking a lot more.  I know that I am eating more calories (being around family does this).  But I am very proud to say that I made it through my third holiday season without sugar.  Yes, still no sugar.  I have been trying to watch my red meat and am contemplating  giving it up, nothing definitive yet (but age will play a huge part in this).  I am sure this is where most of my extra calories are with carbohydrates. Anyway, it's always a work a progress.  I guess I am just trying to get the message across that nothing is ever that bad and there were several bloggers last year who fell off just before my move across the country.  I wanted to write something about this but I just couldn't speak to a recent stressful situation in my life since I had hit my goal weight.  Yeah, a little keeping up with my Dad's health across the country.  So I felt that I could write about this now; quitting my job, applying for new positions in a new state, moving myself across the country, dealing with my 80+ year old parents' health, living with a relatives, working retail part time and on and on.  I am a creature of habit and I have no set schedule which also creates stress in my life.  I am doing my best and exercising a lot, which helps.  I just wanted to state all of this to say that it's never that bad, just keep it moving; literally.
I will return officially next week with all the aggregating of maintenance bloggers you all can stand. Have missed you all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment